for Mason County, WA


Lots of resources here

If you need help contact or contact a veterans employment representative at your local WorkSource Office.

Washington State Assistance

Reduced Transportation Fees

Orca - all transportation on one card INFO

Persons with Disabilities: Disabled passengers may travel at half the regular passenger fare if proper proof of disability is presented.  Car placards or license plates are not sufficient. In the case of a disabled driver, only the passenger portion of the fare is reduced, not the vehicle portion. If you require attendant care and have proof from physician certification, they can get an endorsement on their Regional Reduced Fare Permit or Ferry System Disability Card allowing the attendant to travel for free as a passenger.  Contact 206-553-3060 for Regional Reduced Fare Permit information or 1‑888‑808‑7977 for WSF Disability Permit information.

Reduced Park Passes

State Parks

Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass - No Charge
Free camping/moorage, campsite reservations through State Parks central reservations system, watercraft launching, trailer dump. Valid year-round. Offered to Washington state residents with a documented service-connected disability of at least 30 percent.

Do veterans holding a Disabled Veteran Lifetime Pass have to purchase a Discover Pass to use State Parks? No.

- other state recreational lands?Yes. If Veterans want to use lands managed by the Department of Natural Resources or Department of Fish and Wildlife, they must purchase a Discover Pass.

Federal Parks Info

Other Benefits & Info Available

License Plates

Free Disabled Veteran Plates

Click link for more info. Must be a WA state vehicle owner and served in the armed forces and have a 100% service-connected disability rating from the VA or the military service that discharged you.

Other Specialty Plates

Other Military plates available for Veterans and family members.

Reduced Fishing/Hunting License
More information
-Resident veterans with honorable discharge with at least 30% service connected disability as verified by VA letter
-Resident veterans with honorable discharge who are 65 years of age or older with a service connected disability as verified by the VA
Don’t let your service connected disability prevent you from enjoying WA State’s hunting and fishing opportunities! 

If your disability meets WDFW guidelines you may be eligible to have a designated companion assist in hunting or fishing.

Buying a Home

House Key Veteransis a downpayment assistance, second mortgage loan program with a 3.00% interest rate and a ten-year loan term for Washington State veterans who have served our country.  House Key Veterans combines with the Home Advantage first mortgage loan program. See FEDERAL BENEFITS page for More benefits!

CURRENT Home Owners Help

Veterans Benefits Information